Friday, January 6, 2012

Windy Walk


Today 01/02/2012 I decided to get up and go for a brisk walk. Even though it was getting closer to the afternoon and I wanted to be on my way back instead of just leaving, I didn’t let that stop me. I put on my workout clothes and my sneakers, did some stretches, some leg exercises and some crunches and then went on my way. To be consistent about exercising and eating right is once again one of my New Year Resolutions. Too often I have to push myself to go walking or do any kind of exercises. I do keep a much better schedule in the summer time than I do in the winter though. The weather was nice. It was somewhat windy, but the sun helped a lot to keep me warm.

I walked from my apartment complex to Stone Crest Mall, which is about 2 miles away, so I walked a total of 4 miles. As I walked I tried to keep my mind on the healthy benefits of walking and how wonderful I will look and feel in a couple of months. On my way to my destination I flowed with the wind, keeping a good steady pace. I looked straight ahead trying not to look at the moving cars and the noises that came from them, whether it was the engine, the muffler, or music. I was trying to create a peace of mind. Finally I reached my destination. I walked about a half of a mile past the hotels then, I turned around to start my journey back home.

On the way back I soon realized that I was walking against the current of the wind making it a little harder for me to keep a brisk and steady pace. I put my elbows up like the football players do as if I was tackling my way through the wind. Then a thought came to mind as they often do and I started to compare the walk against the wind with everyday life. I came up with a quote, “sometimes in life you may flow with the wind and sometimes you may have to press against the wind, but with your elbows out and your feet press firmly on the ground, you will persevere”. At the end of my walk I felt great and was glad that I had taken it.





No comments:

Post a Comment